Now that unfinished Moon Valley product kits are in retail stores across the U.S. and Canada, we'd like to give our valued customers some ideas as to how to protect and beautify their newly-purchased items.
Upon assembling your product kit, keep these ideas in mind...
Sanding Your Product – All Moon Valley kit products are pre-sanded before shipping. However, each customer has a different preference as to the level of smoothness for their product. If you want to do a quick touch-up on any part of your product, use a fine grit sandpaper (120-grit or 180-grit) to reach your desired level of smoothness.
Leaving it Unfinished - You're in luck because Moon Valley products are made from white cedar. Cedar is naturally more resistant to weather decay and insect damage than other types of wood, so you can simply leave it as is. Over time, it will turn a silvery-gray color which gives it a rustic, aged look.
Finishing Your Product - There are a few options for finishing your product. Some suggestions are staining, painting, or applying a varnish. But before you undertake any of these option, please reference the following guidelines...
SPECIFICATIONS FOR APPLYING EXTERIOR CLEAR SEALERS AND FINISH COATS
1. Sand all parts to open grain.
2. Wipe or blow off all contaminates from the surface.
3. Apply one coat of product (brush, roll, or spray).
4. Let dry according to directions on container (drying and re-coat times vary with product used).
5. Sand again, before second coat is applied.
6. Wipe or blow off all contaminates from the surface.
7. Apply second coat of product.
8. Let dry according to directions on container.
We hope that you enjoy your new Moon Valley product, and we thank you for your purchase. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to call us at 313-766-4950 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.